Wednesday 15 February 2017

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I like tummy rub :)

My 4th knitting pattern has come to a brick wall. I was trying to fix it with mini photo tutorials, and smoke came out from my ears. In order to preserve my sanity, I went off for a detour and looked for knitting ideas from the web.

And here I was, came across the crochet cat butt coasters. They are so cute and those talented crafters had made so many different variations, It nearly made me want to pick up my crochet hook. Looking deeper, I find that there weren't any knitting version available, either free or paid. I am sure there are at least two good reasons knitting version does not exist. Firstly, crochet is so much faster than knitting, so this little coaster that could be done in 20 minutes will take up to 1.5 hrs in knitting. I am sure crafters looking for this kind of pattern would like a speedy one. Secondly, crochet makes a thicker and sturdier fabric which is more suitable for coaster. Keeping that in mind, I challenged myself in drafting up a knitting version.

After a few trials, finally knitted one up and showed it to the broad of directors of my company ( that will be my two furball CEOs ). They gave me a dirty look. I knew they wanted more respect and butt exposure is not acceptable. So off I went back to the drawing broad and made a Disney version :D No butt nor nipples exposure lol



In this final pattern, Rub My Tummy Please, Happy Mama is teaching her two little sleepy kittens on Human Control 101 - how to make human rub my tummy :D Just roll over and start purring, human will be mesmerized and rub the cute little cat's tummy by reflex :D

Rub My Tummy Please composed of 2 coasters for human (for Mommy and her significant other) and 1 coaster for cat's water bowl. Well, and for those others humans that dare to enter the house, they will hold their own drinks lol



One advantage of this knitted coaster compared to the crochet one is the ridge around the outside. If the cup is of the right size, the ridge will cling onto the cup, so anywhere the cup goes, the coaster will be there to do its job :D So it wont be that difficult to make size to fit coaster for your cups in the cupboard by altering the needle or yarn size.

As for the technical part of the pattern, I have kept the complication to a minimum and advance beginners should have no problem following it. Please keep in mind that this is not a tutorial pattern, meaning all techniques will not be demonstrated in words. One needs the basic to proceed. For example, the special treatment of the working yarn in turning in German short rows will not be explained but simply stated as sl1k^ and sl1p^. In this digital world, it is easier to research on the net for videos for techniques. I do not put in link for those videos etc. because those videos are not my production and I can not guarantee they will not be taken down, and you somehow got a blank link.

The pattern will be tested soon and hope to publish in the near future. I am incline to make this a half charitable pattern to help out cat / animals shelter, but need to work out the logistics and final details.

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment